Research / The following scientific research work has been carried out
System of visual search for survivors at sea.
Application of the system enables:
- Increasing the efficiency of the search process in SAR operation at sea,
- Defining the width of the search zone at night or in poor visibility conditions,
- Increasing the probability of finding the survivors,
- Shortening the duration of the SAR operation at sea,
- Elimination of the influence of human factor on the process of detection and identification of the object sought for.
Attachment point of the SOPR optical system
Raft at 0,01 mile. Distance: c.a 20 meters. Heads of the survivors on the raft are visible (4 persons leaning out from the hatches of the raft).
Three survivors noticed in water